You’ve worked hard for 4+ years and finally you get to graduate! A graduation photoshoot is the best way to document this victorious milestone. Graduation is that paradoxical point in your life when you feel young and old at the same time, when you’re experienced with a life chapter yet totally clueless about another chapter that already started, when you’re bittersweet about the end of an epic story and nervous about the beginning of the next story not yet written. It’s when you’re more senior than a college senior but fresher than a freshman in the workplace. Oh, the emotions!
A graduation photoshoot is as fun as learning itself: you’re free to try new things and explore new ideas. If you don’t like something, simply try something else and move on (anyone here switched majors or double/triple majored know what I mean). The possibilities are endless.
I had the honor of photographing a first-generation college graduate for this special milestone. Without further ado, I’m sharing:
The 7 Best Graduation Photoshoot Ideas to Inspire You
- Express yourself. You’re free! Go ahead and release your joy. Show the world that you’re ready to go into it with arms wide open.
- Thank your biggest supporters. Show your appreciation for your parents, siblings, pets, relatives, and friends for their support over the last 4 years. Not only did they give you love, they probably also gifted balloons, flowers, money, cards, and their time to attend your graduation ceremony.
- Decorate your cap. Just because you have to wear the same gown as every other graduate doesn’t mean you can’t add a little personality to your cap. Add your favorite quote, glue flowers or jewels, draw a picture, share what excites you, or simply put your name on your cap.
- Celebrate with confetti. They’re just fun, the ultimate icon for “It’s party time!” You can choose the color, shape, quantity, and how to dispense it. A confetti cannon is the perfect opportunity for your playful siblings or friends to shoot something at – I mean, around – you.
- Kiss your books goodbye. Gather up your favorite textbooks, novels, notes – all the things that summarize your education in one picture. You gave a lot of time and effort to your field of study. You paid your dues. This is the shot to memorialize your hard-earned education.
- Take pride in your alma matter. No graduation photoshoot is complete without a shot of you proudly displaying your school colors, logo, pin, ring, and/or souvenirs. This shot is also a good opportunity to connect your education to your desired career path. If you want to be a teacher, hold a stack of books and an apple. If you want to be mechanic, pose with a wrench. If you want to be a doctor, put on that white coat. You get the idea.
- Add balloons. Balloons are classy, easy, affordable, and fun props to use for any photoshoot. Have fun mix-and-matching colors. Decide how big a bunch you can handle. Best of all, nothing is easier than striking a pose holding balloons.
There you have it – some ideas to help you rock a graduation photoshoot. Relax, have fun, and don’t overthink it. Last but not least, congratulations! The world is lucky to have you set foot into it.
Like this post? Pin it!
READY TO BOOK?
To inquire, fill out the Contact Form or email me at email@example.com. I’m happy to learn more about what you’re looking for and answer questions you may have.